EXPLORING PARIS | DAY 1

Bonjour! It has been a whirlwind of a day today, it's about half past 10 in the evening and we have only just fallen through the door after getting up at quarter to 7 in a rush this morning (our train was at quarter past!) but we made it in the end! My feet hurt a little, I am absolutely shattered but my heart is so full of love and awe at this city. It is absolutely stunning and I cannot wait to explore it way more.

We hopped on the train and got some breakfast between changing stations, it was then a two hour journey to get to Paris but we arrived at around 10, I was so excited to see the city! After trying to figure out the best tickets to purchase for the metro we arrived at our Airbnb at lunch time to drop off our bags and grab some lunch.





We went to a lovely cafe on a corner called Le Globe, Will had the Caesar salad and I ordered pasta in a tomato and basil sauce with a shit tonne of cheese (as usual), a couple of coffees later and we decided to do some shopping for the week. We've decided to shop and cook as we have a kitchen area in our Airbnb and whilst we will have a few meals out, it works out cheaper and actually more fun being able to cook our own meals too!

We headed to the room at around 2pm before settling in and taking a while to rest after a long morning. At 6pm we headed out an hour before our reservation at Hard Rock Cafe, it wasn't a very long metro ride but Google maps definitely has been helping us out today!

Our server, Vincent was amazing and our food was unreal as always. It was lovely to have a couple of cocktails to go with our meal and after sitting at the bar for a couple more we headed back to the metro to the Eiffel Tower. When I tell you that I was stunned, I can't even put it into words!

It was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen, I couldn't believe it was even real. After queueing to climb it to the champagne bar at the top, we saw that the top was closed temporarily. As our phones were dying and we were getting more tired, we decided to come back to climb it as we have a whole week here. Upon walking back, we noticed that it was finally lit up and glowing. I was absolutely stunned at it's sheer beauty and I can honestly tell you that pictures don't even come close to capturing the moment you see it. I have no idea why it was temporarily closed but I'm hoping it's not going to be all week, I was so excited to get to the top!


We headed back after this as it was around 10 and we were absolutely shattered. I'm now typing this ready to get some shut eye. It's Sunday tomorrow so we're planning to have a relaxing morning and not get up too early, we have some exciting stuff planned for tomorrow though so be sure to have a look!

Until the morning...

G x

Comments

Popular Posts